Sunday, January 13, 2008

Irish Features:

The Irish tend to have either very light features: red, black, light brown, or blond hair; with some freckles, reddish pigment, and somewhat drier skin. And very pale colored eyes. They are usually also very fair skinned. Then some others tend to have bushy/thick brows and dark hair or brown eyes, but still slightly fair to lighter skin. They also have a harder time tanning in the sun and get burnt very easily.

Red Pigment to the skin:
(Here are some examples; Irish men)


(Irish model)

Distinct glassy blue colored eyes:





(Model Laragh McCann)

Short faces/sometimes a raised farhead, small noses:
(Images from google search)






Thick Browed Irish/Darker haired:

9 comments:

chouchou said...

usually the have a cool light skintone.

Unknown said...

Irish people, and people of Irish descend such as myself, also tend to have small mouths. The lips usually less than half the span of the eyes when not smiling.

Unknown said...

I have blue eyes, ivory skin and I'm a brunette with natural red highlights. I have both British and Irish in my blood, so it is hard to determine what came from where. :-) plus I have Swedish and German. Lol; but I'm mostly British and Irish according to a DNA test I took (23andme).

Hello said...

Well, My nose is not small. come to think of it, the only things that don't fit these characteristics are my eyes and nose, as they seem more like German characteristics haha. So maybe my other possible origin is Germany.

Anonymous said...

I'm Italian/Irish. I have a heart shaped face and red pigment. I have natural blush in my cheeks and on my chin. I'm also Native American, so I have a copper/golden tint in my skin as well. Most Irish people burn, but I burn and tan. I hate tanning. I'm like most Irish people. I cover up my whole body in the summer. It's not my fault I'm not tan, and I love being white. I like Irish people have really pretty features. I'm also Canadian, English, and Scottish. My jaw line is like most English people's and I have vey think hair like the Scottish. I don't know any Canadian features on my mom's side of the family, and my family lives in Canada.

Anonymous said...

*thick

Anonymous said...

I'm Irish and English too. I have dark brown hair but that's on the Italian side of my family. You're not alone lol. :)

Unknown said...

I fit most of these features (im 25% irish)

chrissly said...

Was always told I have all Irish features but think now after reading that maybe I tend more toward Scottish characteristics