Sunday, January 13, 2008

Swedish Features:

I am 50% Swedish and I have a very typical Swedish nose and face. I have studied features and can usually tell someones heritage just by looking at their face. First off, I have noticed that Swedes have a distinct type of nose. And I can tell just off the bat between two types. One, the light reflects off of the tip in an attractive way, also I can tell by the sides of the nose (lines go slighty up, in a soft way), and how the tip of the nose looks. Here are some examples:

(source: google search)

(notice the nose of the right, the light reflects off)


(Actor Stellan Skarsgard and his wife (who is also Swedish)


(Bill Skarsgard, son of actor Stellan. Notice his nose)


(notice the nose) (from Stockholm street style)


(Swedish Singer)


Swedish Face:
The swedes usually have a very full, youthful face. The cheeks are usually very full.
Examples: (google search)


(Model Elsa Sylvan)

ETC. Features:
Some Swedes have a full faces, with the eyes high up.
EX.

(group on facebook)

(notice the girl on the far left's face and the girl next to here, they are both swedish but one you can tell by the high up eyes and the other by here nose and full face.


Peter Forsberg (hockey player)


(Notice how his eyes are higher up.


(notice the eyes; model Mathias L., New york management)

Eyes:
And some have a very distinct, some what piercing squinty eye, hard to explain but here is an example:






(notice the face (eyes mostly) girl on right.

16 comments:

lanamercer said...

hey i was just wondering if i could send you some pictures of myself and could you please try and determain my heritage... i mean if i am swedish, scotish, german, or russian please =)

Anonymous said...

maybe you can help me out? as far as i know, i am of swedish, german, italian and cherokee heritage 25% or so each. what do i look more like though? (comment: my natural hair color is blonde, i just dyed it but am going back to blonde in a couple of days)

i have a photo on my profile

thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I have family from Germany and they have the very high-set eyes. I wonder if it is that they come more so from the Northern part of Germany.

kjc said...

I've always been able to spot Swedes by the distinctive mouth. The lips are very "wavy" and taper at the sides, is the best way I can describe it. It looks like a cherry red smile painted on with a very fine brush.

Tyler said...

Swedish girls are good in bed too...! haha
I love you Abby

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

how would i go about knowing what my heritage is ? i am told growing up that i am irish and german but i have a very swedish face it seems , some have said russian . i would like to know very much so,

my hair turns color , the more light that hits it the lighter it gets , in texas it was white , in michigan it was a red , and in canada it went almost black ,is that related to heredity ?

Kylee Howells said...

Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me what heritage I most resemble based on my facial features based on my profile picture. Hope to hear back from you!

scd2287 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scd2287 said...

Hi All

any thought on head shape? I'm a mutt - English, Irish, Swedish, German, French Canadian or Native American. My father commented on the funny head shape and broad forehead of the Swedish (in this case my mother and grandfather). I think I see it in a few of the women in the pictures.... thanks! And for those piercing eyes - are they big with a striking shape, like Forsberg above?
and regarding hair lightening in the sun and darkening in lack of sun - mine does too, but I know for a fact that comes from the Irish. My siblings, my son and I were all "Tow-heads" too - blond as young kids, hair turns brown with age

Unknown said...

I just took a DNA test through ancestry.com and discovered I am only Scandinavian and British (always told I was a mutt but those were the only two regions that they found) I am trying to pin point where exactly my ancestors where from in the region and this website helped so much!!

Unknown said...

Facial features for ethnicity is speculative at best.
All of us are "mutts". Humans have migrated all over Europe for thousands of years.
The ethnicity reported by ancestry.com, 23andme, and others are statistical noise.

Dorothy Olson said...

For the person saying we were stupid for wanting to know our heritage, let me give you some well-informed medical advice. Each and every ethnic group has their own patch of GENETIC MEDICAL PROBLEMS! The Africans have their medical problems, the Scandinavians have their own medical problems, the Irish, the Greeks, the Italians and the Germans, etc. So quit being nasty and you may learn from your ethnicity the diseases that can HAUNT YOU. Buck Up!

chrissly said...

Always told I looked Irish but think this seems more like it

Space Year 2014 said...

Where can I meet Swedish girls in California? How can I follow your blog?

Charlotte said...

I have my ancestral DNA and genealogy. I know I have Scandinavian. My third greatest DNA breakdown is Sweden. My ancestors came to America before it was the United States. Given all the descriptions, I wonder if my facial traits are mostly Swedish. Can I send a pic and get your thoughts? I can send a current and when I was younger.